Dr. Daniel Roth
Administrative Work Experience:
- Director/founder, Pardes Center for Judaism and Conflict Resolution, 2012 to present.
- Coordinator, Pardes Peace and Conflict Track, 2010-2012.
- Director, Pardes Advanced Scholars Program, 2008-2010.
- Bar Ilan University, Program for Conflict Resolution, Management and Negotiation:
- Jewish Models of Conflict Resolution, 2013.
- Models of Conflict Resolution in Judaism and Other Religions, 2014-5.
- Pardes Institute of Jewish Studies, Jerusalem, 1999-present
- Intro to Judaism and Conflict Resolution
- Advanced Course: Mediating Conflicting Interpretations in the Talmud.
- Advanced Course: Mediating Conflicting Interpretations in the Bible.
- Reconstructionist Rabbinical College, Philadelphia, 2015.
- The Rabbi as a Pursuer of Peace.
- National Geographic and MEJDI Duel Narrative Tours, 2011 -present:
Sample Lecture Topics:
- Religion and Peacebuilding in the Holy Land
- Reconciliation in the context of the Israeli – Palestinian conflict.
- Senior Research Fellow at Center for World Religions, Diplomacy and Conflict Resolution at George Mason University, 2011-.
- PhD., Bar-Ilan University, Program on Conflict Management and Negotiation, 2013. Dissertation: "Aaron, Pursuer of Peace between People as a Rabbinic Model of Reconciliation." (Advisor: Prof. Moshe Rosman).
- MA, Talmud, Hebrew University of Jerusalem, 2007.
- B.Ed., Jewish Philosophy, Talmud and Education, Herzog College, 2001.
Other Training and Education:
- Court Certified Mediator, Gevim Group, 2009.
- Rabbinic Ordination Certificate, Yeshivat Har-Etzion, 1993-2001.
- Teaching Certificate, Herzog College, 2001.
Academic Conferences and Lectures:
- Steering committee and co-organizer of “Religion and Conflict Resolution Track”, in International Conference on “Bridging Theory and Practice in Conflict Engagement”, Bar-Ilan University, 2015.
- International Conference on Conflict and Disputes in Jewish Communities throughout the Generations, Bar Ilan University, "The Identity and Methods of Pursuers of Peace in Jewish Communities", Ramat Gan, June 2012.
- Session Organizer, Association for Jewish Studies 43rd Annual Conference, "Jewish Models of Conflict Resolution", Washington DC, Dec. 2011.
- Summit on Religion, Conflict and Peacebuilding, Emory University, "Jewish Peacebuilding Models: From Text to Training", Atlanta, June 2011.
- Bar-Ilan University, Graduate Seminar in International Relations, 2010. "Reconciliation: Western and non-Western Models." (Hebrew).
- Steering committee member for Bar Ilan University, Program on Conflict Management and Negotiation, Conference on Conflict Resolution in the Jewish Tradition, 2009.
- Hebrew Union College, Los Angeles Graduate Seminar, 2009. "How good is the Rabbi at Saying Sorry?"
- “The Theory, Text and Practice behind 9Adar: Jewish Day of Constructive Conflict”, Journal of Textual Reasoning, forthcoming.
- “Pursuing Peace in Medieval Judaism”, submitted for review to “Religion and Peace in the Middle Ages” Ashgate Press, 2015.
- "The Peacemaker in Jewish-Rabbinic and Arab-Islamic Traditions", Journal of Religion, Conflict and Peace, Fall 2011.
- "Talmudic Mediation: Conflicting interpretations of the Talmud as conflicting Needs of Society", Text & Texture, Nov. 2009.
Religion and conflicts